It seems as though I get my inspiration from my birthday. It’s been a whole year since my last post and what a wonderful year its been. A year of growth, pure happiness and finding my place in the world. I can unequivocally say that I’ve never been more driven, fierce and unapologetic than in my 27th year of life. I make no excuses for the decisions I make, I take control and accountability. I’ve never felt more like myself, never felt this confident and never felt more ready for the challenges life throws at me. How can the jump from 26 to 27 bring this much maturity, you may ask? Well, the closer you get to 30, the more lessons you have to learn.
Here’s a few things I learnt from being 26 and tips for your 27th, may it be your most magical year yet!
- You will never please everyone and that’s okay
- My mother will always be my number 1 supporter
- Procrastination is the devil – ticking off checklists never felt more empowering
- Don’t be afraid of hard work, it’s the only way to discover your strengths and weaknesses
- You become close to people whose life lines grow parallel to yours
- Your time and talents are valuable, don’t let ANYONE tell you otherwise
- Netflix & fibre are a Godsend
- Paying bills is a task that should NEVER be delayed
- Budget now so you can spend later
- Happiness isn’t a size
- You are only just beginning to find yourself
- You are exactly where you’re meant to be
- Timelines are overrated, especially when you plan yours based on someone else’s
- Travel the world young grasshopper!
- Quit overanalysing, half the things you stress about won’t matter tomorrow
- Party on a Friday night so you can recover over the entire weekend
- Don’t be a sloppy drunk, if you don’t want the tequila, don’t have it!
- Be yourself, anyone who doesn’t like the real you, wasn’t meant to be in your life
- Treat yo’self
- Meal prep is the future
- Drink water, surprise your liver
- Speak your mind, its our time to shine!
- Spontaneous adventures are still the most fun
- Celebrate friends & family’s birthdays’, we are never too old to make a birthday wish
- Don’t say yes to everything, it will wear you down
- Materialism will never compare to experiences
- Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional – Walt Disney
Here’s looking at you kid…